Fashion, lifestyle and sustainability experts share valuable advice – WWD
While celebrating with Zimmermann the opening of the brand’s first store in Capri, three distinguished guests met up with WWD to share their five tips for …
THE ULTIMATE HOLIDAY WARDROBE
âI think there are five essentials that every woman should have with her during her summer vacation,â said Roopal Patel, fashion director of Saks Fifth Avenue.
1. Obviously, if you are going on a beach vacation, you need to find the perfect bikini or swimsuit that is right for you. I always like to wear a neutral swimsuit and then a printed swimsuit.
2. It’s great to have a versatile dress that you can wear from day to night, that you can wear to the beach, to the beach club, to lunch, but also to go out at night. For example, a print dress from Zimmermann is perfect because they have so many great prints to choose from.
3. You definitely need apartments, I think everyone is always stressed out about taking high heels on vacation and honestly it’s not that fancy sometimes. I really like the Aquazzura apartments, they do a great assortment of metal, whether gold or silver, they work well with everything, and still day and night.
4. For every vacation you need the perfect beach bag. You need a big bag of straw that you can take anywhere with you and I think Loewe has some of the best, with the straw, the little touch of color.
5. Besides, I think it’s great to have beach jewelry. I like to have things that have seashells or pearls. Aurelie Bidermann has some great shell options.
THE ULTIMATE SUMMER DINNER
“I always think that you have to establish a palette first and foremost, if I choose the vision, choose the color palette and beyond that I really believe that you have to look to your immediate environment for inspiration, both the season, the seascape, the colors of nature, I always think you should really start with your surroundings, âsaid Athena Calderone, the New York author ofâ Cook Beautiful âwhich will release its second release. volume “Live Beautiful” in March. .
1. I think it’s always very appreciated to do something for the decor on the table that is unexpected, a little thoughtful and maybe with a house touch, something personal.
2. I think serving a signature cocktail is really important. I love an Aperol Spritz but I also really like some sort of tequila drink, just because I think it livens up the party.
3. Since I host so often, I think it’s really important to make sure that you set out what you want, what do you want to create, what decor you want to do in advance. Get support, get help because you are the host you set the mood, if you are stressed out you are overwhelmed then your guests are going to feel bad. My motto is âsimple ideas carefully executedââ¦ I think you have to think about every minor detail in advance so that you can sit back and relax afterwards.
4. I really love serving fish in the summer and love grilling fish, but often a delicate white fish is very difficult to grillâ¦ great advice that I think it’s delicious and beautiful and makes cooking the fish easy which is to slice any kind of citrus fruit, lemon, lime, orange, even grapefruit, and you cut them into round discs and you put the discs on the grill, you can put fresh herbs on the citrus fruits, then the fish on the herbs , and you just close the grill, you don’t have to turn it over, and then when you put it on the plate you have this nice citrus with the fish on it.
5. And also think that vibrant sauces like salsa verde, or some sort of herb sauce, are like a nice way to elevate the color palette above any coating, but also a vibrant taste.
THE ULTIMATE SUSTAINABLE SUMMER
âFirst of all we should all have a sustainable summer, that would make a huge difference,â said sustainability champion Arizona Muse.
1. The first piece of advice is never to think that you are too small to make a difference, every little change you make every day makes a huge difference in your life, so do it, make those changes.
2. Second tip, teach your kids, kids are so smart with this stuff and they absorb it really well.
3. Switch from liquid shampoo and conditioner in bottles to powdered shampoo or shampoo bar equally dry, wrapped in paper, no plastic at all.
4. For all the sponges you use in your home, you can find natural bristle brushes to replace these sponges, they last just as long, you don’t have to replace them as often, and when you do replace them, they are biodegradable, so put them in composting.
5. Look at the materials, read the labels before you buy any garment, if it is synthetic material, don’t buy it.